This page tells you about our Strategic Briefing service for Boards and Senior Management Teams and also about our well-known free electronic publication "The Briefing", which has been part of the housing support and social care sectors for some years now.
Strategic Briefings for Boards & Senior Management Teams
Support Solutions has an excellent reputation for the currency, depth and detail of our knowledge of housing support and social care and we have a recognised knack for correctly anticipating how and when change will occur and what form it will take. Our strengths are mainly in revenue for supported and sheltered housing and vulnerable people in general needs housing; Exempt Accommodation, the Welfare Reform Act, Housing Benefit, the future funding of services for vulnerable people and social media in organisations providing services for vulnerable people.
We have developed a Strategic Briefing Service for organisations who want to provide their Boards or Management Teams with up to the minute advice and information on the future for their services for vulnerable people. These briefings are usually of a half day duration, although we have also facilitated Board "away days" and weekends, and are tailor-made to your organisation and based on a pre-agreed brief with specific outcomes. They look in depth and detail at the challenges you face and how best to manage them.
This service is in great demand given the significant changes that are facing the housing support and social care sector. Recent Briefings have included Exempt Accommodation, Intensive Housing Management, the Welfare Reform Act & Universal Credit, Direct Payment of rent, the future funding of services for vulnerable people, how to replace hardwired alarms with fundable alternatives and social return on investment.
Support Solutions has a policy of providing services on a basis that the client doesn't pay unless the service we provide adds greater financial or non-financial return than the cost of providing the service and this is reflected in a what is a very, very low cost for premium quality advice that is tailored directly to your needs. The Strategic Briefings are delivered by either (and sometimes both of) Michael Patterson or Danny Key depending on the issues you want us to address with you. Please contact Michael Patterson to discuss what you need: we'd be only too pleased to help.
It's free and always will be.
Sign up now!!!
We have changed the way the Briefing is published. There will now be a series of Briefing articles released, based upon the most relevant topics in the Housing Support and Social Care Sector. Links to the articles can be found on the Briefing homepage. We are still keeping the same informed writing style and have kept the same sense of what matters to people involved in the Housing Support and Social Care Sector. We have also kept all previous Briefings, they can be accessed via the links at the bottom of the page.
To subscribe to The Briefing simply enter your name and email address into the "Sign up for Briefing" box to the right of this page. Please tell your colleagues and friends about it.
Some of our more recent Briefing articles include:
NEW!! Funding Alarms & Proactive Communication Systems for Vulnerable People (In sheltered/supported housing & in dispersed tenancies): Michael Patterson & Danny Key on how to reimagine the idea of an "alarm" system in order to arrive at a fundable system that replaces the need for and the assumptions behind traditional "alarms" and extends the ability of providers to support vulnerable tenants in general needs. All at NO COST to providers and tenants alike. May 2013.
Welfare Reform, Universal Credit & Exempt Accommodation: Michael Patterson and Danny Key with a positive look and a fresh perspective on the significance of Exempt Accommodation in the context of Universal Credit. Exempt Accommodation has greatly enhanced significance in the light of the DWP's decision to exclude the housing costs of people in Exempt Accommodation from Universal Credit. But how do you konw you're Exempt? Directly managed and Agency managed supported housing? Sheltered housing? Tenancy sustainment? Are these arrangements Exempt and if so under what circumstances and to what benefit? January 2013.
- Exempt Accommodation, Universal Credit & Intensive Housing Management: Michael Patterson with an update on the DWP's thinking on the future funding of the housing component of supported & sheltered housing. September 2012
- Universal Credit & Supported Housing: Michael Patterson discusses the likely impact of the Welfare Reform Act & Universal Credit on Supported & Sheltered Housing. In hindsight this Briefing can be seen to have been very accurate in its predictions. June 2012
- Intensive Housing Management & the DWP Consultation on HB for Sheltered & Supported Housing: Michael Patterson discusses the financial & service delivery benefits to local authorities, providers and tenants of revenue for Intensive Housing Management. Michael also comments in detail on the DWP's Consultation Proposals for the use of HB in Sheltered & Supported Housing. February 2012
- Update on the Future of Housing Benefit for Supported & Sheltered Housing: Michael Patterson reports on a meeting between Lord Freud, DWP officials & sector representatives to discuss progress of the Housing Benefit & Supported Housing Consultation. May 2012
- Support Solutions Response to the DWP Consultation on Housing Benefit for Supported & Sheltered Housing: Michael Patterson and Danny Key developed this response to the Consultation on the future of Housing Benefit for Supported & Sheltered Housing. Much of what we said in this has been reflected in the DWP's decision of how to fund the housing component of funding for Supported and Sheltered housing/Exempt Accommodation when Universal Credit is implemented. October 2011.
- Funding Housing Support & Social Care Services in a Time of Change: Michael Patterson with an analysis of the new funding & commissioning arrangements for housing support & social care services, the need to diversify service offerings, what the new revenue sources are and how to access them.
- Support Solutions' Response to the DWP Consultation on HB for Sheltered & Supported Housing: We still await a view from the DWP to the large volume of responses submitted to their Consultation by October 2011. Has the sector given the DWP food for thought? We hope we did.
Please click on the hyperlinks above for the briefings you want to read.
Read previous archived Issues below:
3 Drayton Road
T: 0845 271 3080
F:0121 441 5595