Director of External Affairs | Joseph Rowntree Foundation | York
- 24 May
Joseph Rowntree Foundation
Based in York
Salary: Circa £75,000
Closing Date: 17 June 2013 @ 12:01pm
"As a high profile, independently-funded charity, our social research and evidence aim to get poverty to the top of everyone's agenda. And as the leader of our 20-strong communications team, you'll play your part in making that happen."
The role will be to:
- Ensure that both organisations have access to a first class external affairs and communications function covering digital and broadcast; print; engagement; marketing; public affairs and events.
- Lead and develop an efficient and effective team of around 20, based in York and in London, with responsibility for budget, resource and staff management.
- Communicate publicly, along with the Chief Executive and senior colleagues, on behalf of JRF and/or JRHT, as and when required.
- Lead, develop and maintain in depth and up to the minute external communications. Ensure that colleagues are making the most effective and appropriate use of current and developing social media, whether staff or Trustees, to deliver specific objectives.
- Lead and complete the transition from broadcast/print communication to dialogue/digital within the team, the Trustees and staff.
- Play a leading corporate role on the Board of Directors to enable both organisations to deliver their full potential.
The applicant should be:
- Experienced, credible and influential communications leader, used to managing a mixed communications team and achieving diverse objectives.
- A senior team player, experienced at board or director level, able to instigate and participate in objective debate and decision making.
- Accustomed to leading corporate change, taking corporate responsibility and directly supporting both a Chief Executive and a Chair of Trustees/the Board.
- Creative, enterprising and innovative, prepared to take evaluated risks.
- With high personal standards of integrity as well as commitment to excellence and constant improvement.
- Familiar with the current political issues in the four UK nations, as well as social policy issues and debate.
Please email the completed application and equal opportunities documents plus your CV, to ExternalAffairsJob@jrf.org.uk.
For an informal conversation about this role, please contact Jane Hustwit, Interim Director of Communications, before Monday 10 June on: Jane.Hustwit@jrf.org.uk.
- 18 Aug
AT LEAST 1 IN 25 NHS JOBS IN THAMES VALLEY IS VACANT
The NHS employed over one million people in England in March, which is 2% more than the previous year.The NHS in Thames Valley has grown, employing with an equivalent of 433 more people full-time in...
- 11 Dec
Recruiting and maintaining social care workers
Finding suitable people with the right vacancies to fill these positions is one of the aims behind the national recruitment and retention strategy. This was launched in September 2014 along with...
- 23 May
Job vacancies at Colebrook
Community Centre Manager (Full Time) £25,000To play a key role in the initial project and ongoing day to day management of two community halls which Colebrook have recently acquired. The role will...
- 18 Mar
Colebrook are recruiting Support Workers
Colebrook (SW) Ltd is a not for profit organisation delivering a range of services across Plymouth and the surrounding areas. They provide supported housing, outreach support, carers' services,...
- 25 Oct
Healthwatch Communications Officer at Colebrook
Healthwatch Communications Officer (Full Time) £16,500 pro rataTo lead on all communications for Healthwatch Plymouth, ensuring an accessible for all, City wide approach. Proactively communicate...
- 23 Oct
Derby Women's Centre are recruiting
Derby Women's Centre is a registered charity aiming to empower women to be more independent. They have evolved from humble beginnings to become a leading provider of support services for women in and...
- 23 Aug
Support Worker at The Cambian Group
The Cambian Group, the UK's largest provider of specialist services in education, mental health rehabilitation and learning disabilities, is looking for dedicated, caring individuals to join the...
- 23 Aug
Community Support Worker
Shaw Healthcare are looking for Community Support Workers to support vulnerable adults to live as independently as possible in their own homes. You will be supporting our service users with tasks...
- 23 Aug
Job Title: Support Worker Condition: Complex CareHours: Day Shifts Pay Rates: £8.00 - £9.00 per hourLocation: SouthamptonPULSE Community Healthcare is looking for a team of Support Workers...
- 16 Aug
Support Worker (HMP Lewes)
Suuport Worker (HMP Lewes)37.5 hours per week 2 year fixed term contract £21,000 - £25,000KeepOut...
How to Fund Housing Support and Social Care Services Good clear delivery of some complicated information. Jaqui Smith - Young Womens Housing Project