5 Benefits to Planning Social Media Content
- 23 Dec
Social media provides an in-the-moment and speedy way to convey and channel information across Twitter, Facebook, and various other social media platforms.
A social media schedule enables you to share real-time updates.
Planning content on social media allows you to have flexibility to you social organisation's schedule and enables opportunities for you to share real-time updates and have real-engagement with your users.
The following are five benefits for planning content ahead of time for your social organisation:
1) Consistency - You need to maintain consistency in terms of publishing, so it can help your users to know when they should expect new content from you. Keeping a consistent schedule ensures you to maximise engagement without having stretches of time when you are inactive or not updating.
2) Plan time-sensitive content - Planning time-sensitive content such as events and holidays, or making announcements about your organisation can be planned ahead of time using a calendar.
3) Involve others - Planning ahead allows for others to become involved in the process as a team instead of one or two social media managers.
4) Have records - A system of records enables you to have something that you can refer back to when you need to do so. You can track back on all of the updates that you posted and can review how and what your posts changed to over a period of time.
5) Healthy sharing ratio - Ensure a good balance and mix of the content that you share; entertaining, educational, informal or informative for different types of topics. Keep your users in mind when you update your posts and relate it back to their interests.
You can read about these benefits in more detail here.
What do you think of this? Tweet us your comments @suppsolutions
This blog post has been written by our sister company The Media Bubble who specialise in social media for the social sector.
- 19 May
THE IMPACT OF SOCIAL MEDIA ON THE MENTAL HEALTH OF YOUNG PEOPLE
The online survey posed questions to 1,479 people between ages 14 to 24 to rate which social media platform (of YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook and Twitter) negatively impact their users.The...
- 25 Jul
SOCIAL MEDIA APPS FOR HOUSING ASSOCIATIONS
INSTAGRAMGOOGLE TRANSLATEHOMESWAPPER MATCHESFACEBOOK LIVEWHATSAPPTAWKYou can download these apps online and via Android or IOS devices as well. Enjoy!What do you think? Please tweet...
- 17 Jun
FREE DEVICES AND APPS FOR BETTER HEALTH
Some of such devices and apps which will be available in April 2017 are:AliveCor- A mobile heart monitor (strapped to the back of a smartphone) which will also save NHS money, reducing need for...
- 08 Jun
The #UKHousingFast is a social media campaign which is led by people living and working in social housing to support the activities of Trussell Trust.This fast is in its third year and will take...
- 26 Jan
Twitter leads national campaign for compassionate care
#HelloMyNameIs is a social media based campaign created by one doctor, Kate Granger, in order to encourage healthcare professionals to introduce themselves to patients.The campaign is now being...
- 23 Jan
Social media for housing associations
Online engagement between many commercial and charitable organisations and their clients and users has become very popular. However, many housing organisations have not succeeded as well as they...
- 22 Jan
An effective social media strategy for your social organisation
It is important to reach a position on social media where the community feels comfortable in sharing the content that you post.Your content should reflect the trust and integrity your users have for...
- 15 Jan
The Social Media Presence of Social Organisations
However, there are still many organisations who are not taking full advantage of social media platforms by not regularly updating their users and followers with content, nor sharing links that their...
- 15 Jan
Charity urges homelessness to be put to an end
Homeless Link, in its manifesto to end homelessness, has urged the next Government to end rough sleeping, ensure employment and welfare support, provide more homes and protect the rights of tenants,...
- 13 Jan
Instagram for your Social Organisation
It has beat Twitter in terms of number of users, but it is currently outperforming in terms of engagement as well.Instagram's engagement is 50 times higher than Twitter. The difference is a large...
Support Solutions 5th National Housing Support & Social Care Conference 2014 Good organisation from beginning to end. Excellent keynote speaker. Relevant and important topics for discussion which were to everyone's advantage within the supported housing sector. B.H - Stevenage Haven