The 2013 Social Media Revolution
- 07 Oct
UK web users spent an average of one in every 12 waking minutes each day online in the first six months of 2013, with advertisers spending a record £3bn targeting them with marketing messages, according to new research.
The Guardian also reports as follows:
- "With smartphone penetration crossing the two-thirds [of the UK population] landmark and the successful roll out of 4G, 2013 could be the year when advertising spend on mobile crosses the £1bn threshold." According to the IAB director of research and strategy, Tim Elkington.
- UK companies increased the amount spent on internet, smartphone and tablet advertising by 17.5% year on year to £3.04bn in the first half of the year.
- This equates to £66 of digital advertising targeted at each of the 46 million regular internet users in the UK, according to the latest report from the Internet Advertising Bureau and PwC, published on Monday.
- The growth has been fuelled by the smartphone and tablet revolution which saw ad spend growth of 127% in the first six months to £429m.
- The fledgling market for advertising on tablets is estimated at just £10.5m in the first half of the year, although this is up from £2.4m a year ago.
- In the past year mobile advertising has doubled its share to 14% of total UK internet ad spend.
- Of the £3.04bn total internet spend in the first half,online display ads grew by 23% to £738m.
- Video advertising grew 86% to £135m, and advertising on social media rose 53% to £242m.
- Paid-for search advertising, which is almost completely dominated by Google with about 90% control of the UK market, continued to grow, rising 19% year on year to £1.81bn.
- Within this, mobile search advertising has started to gather real pace, up 101% year on year to £271m.
- 19 May
THE IMPACT OF SOCIAL MEDIA ON THE MENTAL HEALTH OF YOUNG PEOPLE
The online survey posed questions to 1,479 people between ages 14 to 24 to rate which social media platform (of YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook and Twitter) negatively impact their users.The...
- 25 Jul
SOCIAL MEDIA APPS FOR HOUSING ASSOCIATIONS
INSTAGRAMGOOGLE TRANSLATEHOMESWAPPER MATCHESFACEBOOK LIVEWHATSAPPTAWKYou can download these apps online and via Android or IOS devices as well. Enjoy!What do you think? Please tweet...
- 17 Jun
FREE DEVICES AND APPS FOR BETTER HEALTH
Some of such devices and apps which will be available in April 2017 are:AliveCor- A mobile heart monitor (strapped to the back of a smartphone) which will also save NHS money, reducing need for...
- 08 Jun
The #UKHousingFast is a social media campaign which is led by people living and working in social housing to support the activities of Trussell Trust.This fast is in its third year and will take...
- 26 Jan
Twitter leads national campaign for compassionate care
#HelloMyNameIs is a social media based campaign created by one doctor, Kate Granger, in order to encourage healthcare professionals to introduce themselves to patients.The campaign is now being...
- 23 Jan
Social media for housing associations
Online engagement between many commercial and charitable organisations and their clients and users has become very popular. However, many housing organisations have not succeeded as well as they...
- 22 Jan
An effective social media strategy for your social organisation
It is important to reach a position on social media where the community feels comfortable in sharing the content that you post.Your content should reflect the trust and integrity your users have for...
- 15 Jan
The Social Media Presence of Social Organisations
However, there are still many organisations who are not taking full advantage of social media platforms by not regularly updating their users and followers with content, nor sharing links that their...
- 15 Jan
Charity urges homelessness to be put to an end
Homeless Link, in its manifesto to end homelessness, has urged the next Government to end rough sleeping, ensure employment and welfare support, provide more homes and protect the rights of tenants,...
- 13 Jan
Instagram for your Social Organisation
It has beat Twitter in terms of number of users, but it is currently outperforming in terms of engagement as well.Instagram's engagement is 50 times higher than Twitter. The difference is a large...
The Welfare Reform Act: Universal Credit, Sheltered and Supported Housing The content was concise and to the point. The content was relevant to our service, and gave us a better us a better indication of were stand with upcoming changes. Rosie Kaur - Panahghar