Welcome to Support Solutions
New Briefing Events on "Tenancy Sustainment, Welfare Reform, Exempt & Specified Accommodation & Intensive Housing Management" & also "Using Social Media to Work with People with Additional Needs"
See our Training Page for details.
About Support Solutions
Support Solutions has carved a niche as a provider of revenue optimisation, strategic positioning and learning & development services. We are an established part of the housing support & social care sector with excellent contacts developed over our 23 years of work.
Support Solutions' primary achievement thus far has been the reintroduction of funding for "Intensive Housing Management" back into the housing support & social care sector as a means of continuing to fund preventative and enabling services for people who need them whether they are in sheltered, supported or general needs housing. As a consequence of our work in this area many nonprofit organisations & Registered Providers have been able to maintain and develop their services at a time of funding retrenchment.
Despite some initial scepticism from people about the strategy of reallocating costs from Supporting People into Housing Benefit it has now come to be regarded as an obvious, pragmatic and necessary course of action. It was pioneered by Support Solutions, who continue to be the leaders in this work. We advise providers, commissioners and Housing Benefit professionals.
Support Solutions are the sector experts on the Exempt Accommodation rules, on which we have provided significant levels of both high level and detailed technical advice, especially in the context of the Welfare Reform Act. We have published numerous free Briefings on this and related issues, which are widely read and circulated within and outside the sector.
Support Solutions is now looking to lead thinking on "Investment in Prevention" and measuring the social and financial cost-benefit of preventative enabling services (SFROI).
Our aim is to influence policy in favour of the sector in these challenging times and to be the first to know of and interpret policy development and change which impacts on our sector.
- We are experts in the Welfare Reform Act & Exempt Accommodation, especially as these affect vulnerable people and organisations that provide and/or commission services for vulnerable people.
- We help clients to enhance their housing revenue streams: Support Solutions is primarily associated with the reintroduction of "Intensive Housing Management" (additional housing management services) funding to the sector through our unrivalled knowledge of Housing Benefit & Exempt Accommodation. We are well-known for the work we do in optimising housing benefit entitlements where providers accommodate vulnerable tenants.
- We help clients to diversify & enhance their non-housing revenue streams: it is critical to diversify revenue within the brave new funding world we're entering. That could be engaging with Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) to access NHS funding for prevention, engaging with local authorities over the public health agenda, looking at social investment arrangements like social impact bonds or seeking funding for specific projects.
- We help providers and commissioners to calculate the social and financial return on investment (SFROI) of services they provide, or could provide.
- We provide detailed & highly regarded electronic briefings on issues of interest to the sector. Just leave your details in the box to the right of the screen.
- We influence the sector and the environment within which it works through the contacts we have and our technical expertise & the agendas within which we engage, for example, Exempt Accommodation & Universal Credit.
- We are in demand to speak at conferences, training and other events. We provide hugely popular "at cost" briefing & training events and conferences on topical issues.
- We provide Senior Management and Board briefings that are very highly regarded for their quality of knowledge, information and perception. Currently we are in great demand by organisations that want us to help them navigate the maze of Welfare Reform and changed funding.
We are dedicated to the housing support & social care sector which means that we keep our costs and prices well within reach of providers.
3 Drayton Road
T: 0121 441 2955
F:0121 441 5595